Prepare to apply
Before you apply for approval, follow these steps:
- Verify that your organization qualifies as an online provider and whether your program should participate in the full review, affiliate approval option or single district approval option using the "approval eligibility" questions. Contact us if you have questions.
- If you are an online course provider, ensure that your organization has been accredited (full or provisional) by AdvancED (formerly NWAC) or AESD at the time of your application for approval. See the list of accredited online providers to ensure your organization is on the list.
Apply for Initial Approval
|Application Period||Jan. 1 - Feb. 1||Anytime||Anytime|
After the approval process
After approval, approved providers are:
- Displayed on the approved providers list.
- Subject to the monitoring and rescindment processes.
- Required to submit an annual report to OSPI.
- Required to carry out the program/courses described in the approval application.
- Required to abide by the approval assurances and criteria.
- Required to meet the performance targets
- Included in the DLD course catalog (if the provider is a multidistrict online course provider)
Criteria changes for Spring 2016
No changes have been made to the approval criteria in preparation for the 2016 review cycle. Changes made in preparation for the spring 2015 review can be found here (pdf).