Prepare to apply
Before you apply for approval, follow these steps:
- Verify that your organization qualifies as a online provider and whether your program should participate in the full review, affiliate approval option or single district approval option using the "approval eligibility" questions. Contact us if you have questions.
- Ensure that your organization has been accredited (full or provisional) by the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC) (formerly the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools) at the time of your application for approval. See the list of NWAC-accredited providers to ensure your organization is on the list.
|Application Period||Jan. 1 - Feb. 1||Anytime||Anytime|
After the approval process
After approval, approved providers are:
- Required to participate in an Approved Provider orientation.
- Displayed on the approved providers list.
- Subject to the monitoring and rescindment processes.
- Required to initiate their renewal no later than the approval window in their fourth year of approved status in order to maintain approval into the following year.
- Included in the DLD course catalog (if the provider is a multidistrict online course provider)
Proposed Criteria Changes
OSPI is proposing a number of changes to the criteria. The proposed changes are available for public review and comment:
Comments and suggestions will be accepted through November 1, 2012 and may be submitted to the DLD by email to Leslie.St.Pierre@k12.wa.us.
The final changes will be in place for the spring 2013 review cycle, beginning January 1, 2013.