Full Approval Process
Prepare to apply
Before you apply for approval, follow these steps:
- If you are an online course provider, ensure that your organization has been accredited (full or provisional) by AdvancEd (formerly NWAC) or AESD at the time of your application for approval. See the list of accredited online providers to ensure your organization is on the list.
- Review the approval process timeline.
- Review the approval criteria and assurances.
Complete the web-based application form.
Applications are available on January 1st and due on February 1st by 5:00 pm Pacific Time. More information about timelines.
The application form includes the following sections:
- Contact information.
- Background information, including basic information about the provider and the provider's business.
- Provider data, including student-to-teacher ratios, completion rates, and passing rates.
- Certificate of assurances. Note: the assurances must be signed via an uploaded letter.
- Supporting documentation for criteria, including documents and/or links provided by the applicant to assist the review committee when scoring the application. (See some possible sources of evidence.)
- Access information, including log-in credentials to provider systems.
Provider applications are scored by a team of independent Approval Reviewers using a standard review and scoring protocol.
After the approval process
Applicants will be notified of the status of the review, including specific feedback on criteria that did not pass the review, usually in mid-March. Unsuccessful applicant notifications will include information about the appeal process and timelines .
After approval, approved providers are: