Approved Providers List
We categorize the providers listed below into three groups:
- Online School Programs (definition)
- Online Course Providers (definition)
- Online School Program Providers (definition)
As of 2011, online provider approval impacts state funding to districts for students in online courses. Providers must maintain certain responsibilities to maintain their approved status. Follow the links below for more details about these providers and their overall instructional offerings.
Note that a provider may not appear on this list for a variety of reasons.
Approved Multidistrict Online School Programs
Approved Single District Online School Programs
Approved Online Course Providers
Approved Online Program Providers
Providers who are no longer approved
|Washington Virtual Academy - Steilacoom||School closure; WAVA programs continue in Omak and Monroe|
|Kaplan Academy of Washington||Closed by the Stevenson-Carson School District after the 2011-12 school year.|
|Columbia Tech High||The White Salmon Valley School District closed the program after the 2012-13 school year.|
|Ignite Education Group||As of 2013, Ignite Education Group no longer appears to be in business.|
|Productive Learning Online Corporation||Rescinded on July 26, 2011.|
|Bethel Online Academy||Bethel is no longer offering online courses through Bethel Online Academy (BOA), and the district withdrew BOA's accreditation. As a result OSPI has rescinded the approval for BOA.|
Not on the list?
Looking for a program or provider that isn't on the approved list? There are a number of reasons why an organization may not be on the list:
- The provider may not offer a product that meets the definition of an online course. Common examples of such products include online curriculum products (without online teachers) from NovaNet, OdysseyWare, and others. Note that such products could be combined with an online teacher, and therefore meet the definition. If you're not sure, contact us for clarification.
- The provider may not meet the definition of an online course provider, online school program, or online school program provider.
Providers that meet these conditions have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by OSPI.
Approved Provider Responsibilities
Renewal: Approved providers must maintain their status in order for students using their services to be claimed for state basic education funding. Learn more about approval renewal.