Pasco High School
We want to know what you think about this provider. Please submit comments using our Issues/Feedback Form.
School District: Pasco
Grades Served: 9-12
Approved as a Single District Online School Program Through the 2016-17 school year.
Student Enrollment Instructions:
Student Enrollment Instructions:
Students who wish to enroll in iPAL part time while attending a Pasco School District school will complete the initial iPAL Agreement in their school counselor’s office. The counselor, parent/guardian, and student must sign this agreement. The school counselor will add the course to the student’s schedule and inform the Online Learning Facilitator of the student enrollment. The Online Learning Facilitator will schedule the student for an iPAL orientation and complete the required course specific Student Learning Plan. The Student Learning Plan will include course dates, a description of how the required weekly direct personal contact will be fulfilled, a description of learning goals and objectives, an estimate of the number of hours the student will engage in learning activities, a description of the instructional materials necessary to complete the plan, and a description of the timelines and method for evaluating student progress.
Students who are currently enrolled in the district, and wish to attend iPAL as a full time student, will be referred to the Online Learning Facilitator by their school counselor and/or administrator. The Online Learning Facilitator will contact the student and ensure all the proper registration forms and agreements are completed. Once registration is complete, the student will be enrolled into iPAL under their boundary school. The Online Learning Facilitator will work with the New Horizons counselor to coordinate all counseling, scheduling, and ensure all academic and/or graduation requirements are being met. The Online Learning Facilitator will schedule an online orientation, enroll the student in online courses, and develop an individualized Student Learning Plan.
Students who wish to attend iPAL as a full time student, and are not currently enrolled in the district, need to contact the Online Learning Facilitator for further information. iPAL is only offered to students who reside in the Pasco School District.
Clarify student will be enrolled in boundary middle or high school and that school will manage all guidance, academic req. etc.
Putting students first to make learning last a lifetime. Celebrating academics, diversity, and innovation.
The Pasco School District finds that it is in the best interest of students to provide a variety of learning opportunities. The district recognizes that the online learning environment provides students with opportunities to become a self-disciplined learner with life-long learning skills. Further, the district recognizes that online learning provides opportunities for students to access curriculum and specialized courses in a flexible learning environment that might not otherwise be available.
The district contracts with a third-party provider (Aventa) to deliver its online program and offers both full-time and part-time placement.
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Advanced Placement
- Credit Recovery
The district will facilitate access to middle and high school online original credit courses through FuelEd. Original credit online courses allow students flexible access to standard courses to meet education requirements.
Student-Teacher Contact Requirements
1. Maintain high academic involvement and comply with course participation and completion requirements.
2. Agree to make satisfactory progress in coursework according to the schedule outlined in his/her course specific Student Learning Plan and, if necessary, Intervention Plan.
3. Agree to maintain regular contact with the online learning support team and promptly respond to any communications from his/her instructor, Online Learning Facilitator, or other district personnel.
4. Acknowledge that it is his/her responsibility to maintain access to an Internet enabled computer to participate and submit coursework, regardless of the availability of devices at the school district.
5. Communicate with the Online Learning Facilitator if needing assistance or participation in an online course ceases or changes.
6. Understand and agree that he/she is expected to participate in regular emails with his/her instructors, and that they must submit work by the specified due dates.
7. Understand by participating in online coursework, students have not waived any rights as a student and are entitled to all the Pasco School District services and resources.
8. Follow all the discipline codes and behavior guidelines of the Pasco School District. Any violations of these guidelines or failure to meet school or district requirements could result in the removal from online learning courses.
Student Performance and Demographics
Data for school year: 2014-2015
Teacher-to-student ratio: 1:33
Course completion rate: 84.6% of 368 enrollments
Course pass rate: 97.6% of 368 enrollments
OSPI School Report Card (includes test scores, demographics, and more).
Student Satisfaction Survey
Pasco High School did not participate in the student satisfaction survey.