Secondary Learning Center (Renton)
We want to know what you think about this provider. Please submit comments using our Issues/Feedback Form.
School District: Renton
Grades Served: 9-12
Approved as a Single District Online School Program Through the 2017-18 school year.
Student Enrollment Instructions:
1. The Student or parents contact the Secondary Learning Center to schedule an interview with the Principal (may be a referral from another RSD school or student/parent initiated).
2. The Principal interviews student and parents to determine if the Virtual Program is the best placement.
3. If approved by the Principal,the student and parents meet with the Virtual Program Coordinator for an orientation.
4. The Student and parents review and sign the Written Student Learning Plan and program contract, which stipulates the expectations and requirements of the Virtual Program.
In partnership with the community, the mission of the Renton School District is to provide a safe and respectful learning environment for all students to realize academic, social and personal achievement.
It is our vision to provide high quality instruction and learning for EVERY child, EVERY day in EVERY classroom environment whether that be a traditional classroom on an on-line learning experience.
The Renton School District Virtual Program is housed at the Secondary Learning Center, contracts with Advanced Academics to provide a rigorous and relevant on-line educational opportunity. The Virtual Program curriculum is aligned with all Washington State and Common Core standards. Students have access to certified teachers who provide guidance and assistance in real time and have online access anytime-24 hours a day, seven days a week. Students are awarded credits as they successfully complete courses to a satisfactory standard.
- Language Arts
- Occupational credit qualified
- Social Studies
- World Languages
- Advanced Placement
The Virtual Program is designed for 9th-12th grade students who
want an online alternative learning experience which provides a flexible schedule and an independent learning environment. Students who work,have family obligations or health issues are able to access online, rigorous and high interest courses.
Student-Teacher Contact Requirements
Students are required to meet at the Secondary Learning Center with the Virtual Program Coordinator weekly for two hours. The Virtual Program Coordinator and online teachers can interact with students through email or instant messaging via the Advanced Academics online platform.
Fuel Education (formerly Aventa Learning) by K12
Student Performance and Demographics
Data for school year: 2012-2013
Teacher-to-student ratio: 1
Course completion rate: 52.14%
Course pass rate: 43.19%
OSPI School Report Card (includes test scores, demographics, and more).
Student Satisfaction Survey
Secondary Learning Center (Renton) did not participate in the student satisfaction survey.